Twilight By Stephenie Meyer

HO BOY this book....... I really get salty about this book. Literally its a sick love story its not a healthy relationship at all. Its literally this High schooler that move into this dreary town which perfectly fits her dreary personality. Basically your perfect emo kid setting. Makes extroverted and fun friends just to become infatuated about this quote one quote "most gorgeous aloof guy in the world" who is also a sparkly disco vampire who has a stalking/controlling problem. I mean at least she looked up his families strange tendencies and put two and two together. So she's not dumb in that sense. Nevertheless WHY WOULD YOU LATCH ON TO A VAMPIRE THOUGH? YOU DITCH EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING YOU KNOW, FOR A CREEP? LIKE I DONT UNDERSTAND THE APPEAL ON EDWARD AT ALL. HE'S LITTERAL GARBAGE. on another note it seemed like her infatuation was a bit... controlled in a way? It seemed like he low key spotted her before hand and was like "I want her, but I have to maintain my aloof persona at the same time" I sensed he was playing games because no one gets latched on to a person that fast unless they're being controlled in manipulative ways, thats just common sense. 

Comments

  1. Okay, I have a soft spot of the Twilight books since I read them when I was around 13. But as an adult, I do recognize some of the problems with the relationships in them. I mean, the second book was the complete worst since it basically involves her life falling apart without him (which is VERY unhealthy). Either way though, the realtionship is MUCH better than its evil offspring, 50 Shades of Gray

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment